Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rebel - There's One In Every Crowd


8 X 6 Oil on Masonite $125 SOLD
We all have a friend like this. Four of you want Mexican food - the rebel wants Italian. Ya'll want tickets to Jerry Jeff Walker, SHE wants Snoopy on Ice. You know them. Wants to be a part of the bunch, yet stands apart on most issues. There's at least one in every crowd. So it is with this horse - he's always pointed in a different direction - on the opposite side of the pasture - standing in the rain when the rest of them are under cover. Last to come up for dinner, the first to find the gate unlatched. There's nothing wrong with being a rebel. I have even been known to be one. But now in my "old age" I believe in being more careful in picking my battles. I leave rebellions to the youth...
We received wonderful rain this weekend, and Monday and Tuesday have been glorious. The tiny bluebonnet plants down the driveway are peeking at the sun and I am expecting great things from them by my birthday in March. I have also been contacted by a large gallery in Blanco, Texas who wants my Texas/Western themed paintings. I have only visited with the owner on the phone, but I am making plans to visit in person in the very near future. I don't have very many large paintings at the moment - all are in the gallery in Thurber. And the studio is only about 1/4 completed. But at least I HAVE a place to paint - however cramped.
I like how this one turned out and WILL be painting this as a 20 X 24 for the gallery....
2 Chronicles 32:8
With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said.

No comments: