Sunday, January 4, 2009

Afternoon Ride

5 X 7 Oil on gessoed masonite $100
Includes shipping and insurance
I am nursing a bad head cold and almost didn't paint this afternoon. But I like the colors of this little study and I think I will do it again bigger (and better drawn). There is something intriguing about silhouettes - undefined edges and faded outlines. Let the mind define the image rather than the pencil or paint brush. Sometimes it's hard to know when to stop adding details.
I have known people that do that with their lives - try to define and regulate and compartmentalize everything in their life. That's just too must for me to deal with. I take most people and situations at face value and worry later if there is deception involved. But then sometimes I still insist on details, and truth....
Jeremiah 9:6
You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me," declares the LORD.

No comments: