Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Summertime Joy

18 X 34 Oil on Canvas
Contact Artist for Availability
This is one of the pieces that has consumed me for the past 4 weeks and I am 98% sure I am finished with it!
A precious friend in Florida shared a photo of her adorable daughter with me and I could not resist painting it...a great photo can make a great painting!
My favorite month is living up to its reputation. So far October has been great - and can only be made better with a couple thunderstorms. The fall garden is planted and it looks as if I may even get a crop of green beans before the weather turns cold in earnest. All chickens are laying and one is setting on 5 eggs. No sign of coyotes, but I HAVE heard a great horned owl outside the bedroom.
The Artists of Texas show at the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas is nearly complete - advertising is in place and goodies arranged. I will post more info on this later - it will run through all of November and December. The "Open House Meet the Artist" reception will be Saturday afternoon, November 6 and I would LOVE to meet you there!
Click here to send me an email
Job 29:24
When I smiled at them, they scarcely believed it; the light of my face was precious to them.

1 comment:

Catherin McMillan said...

this is just beautiful Debbie so realistic ☺