Friday, May 2, 2008

Learning to Eat Grass


6 X 8 Oil on Masonite $125
SOLD to California Collector
We are still working on the roof - outside stuff while the weather cooperates. I expect we'll be inside next week with the predictions of rain. Meanwhile, I paint what I can with limiting what I can move into the studio.
I mailed out several paintings today - hoorah! Now I must paint again....
Dandy is growing in leaps and bounds and is learning to eat like her Momma. At first she would pluck large grass stems and mouth them, letting them fall from her lips. Now she is actually consuming them - and searching for those stems that have tasty seed heads. She is not yet the mowing machine that her momma is, but she is quickly learning.
I go out every evening around 6:00 to let them out of their pen and graze the lush grass behind the barn. PJ immediately strolls to the best grazing, lowers her head and commences to mow. Dandy leaps and runs and twists and gyrates and then follows her momma's lead in eating. When I walk them back through the gate into their pen, it's a real challenge to get Dandy to follow in and stay. You can tell she would much rather remain in the midst of the tasty pasture!
Exodus 34:28
Moses was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

This piece is beautiful.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautifully designed !!
Incredibly well done!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I have to say it again.
MAGNIFICENT!