Thursday, May 19, 2011

He Ain't Heavy, I'm a Mule

5X7 Oil on Canvas Panel $110
Includes shipping and insurance in US
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $110 USD
Or, send me an email
Friends and family close to me know that I am planning a trip to Haiti this October to help a teeny bit with the monumental clean-up tasks. I am struggling with this decision, believe me. It's expensive to go there and part of me says "just send money - they can use it better than my meager body." Some folks have even suggested that we need to keep our money closer to home and take care of "our own" first. Whew. Heavy thoughts.
Today I was painting this mule, thinking about the trip, talking to God, as I often do while painting - and listening to to XM radio 60's music, which I don't normally listen to. It gets my feet moving, making it hard to paint!
Suddenly, I found myself singing along with the Hollies to the song "He Ain't Heavy, He's My brother".  God speaks to us in many ways, and it may be strange to admit that rock and roll from the 60's is his method of choice to speak to ME, but I believe it. Plans continue for the Haiti trip.
Oh, and this painting is actually lighter than this image - I will post a better one when it dries. And the color wheel was "Analogous complements": yellow, violet, red-violet, and red. Next one I'll go in the other direction, same description: yellow, violet, blue violet, blue - should impart a cold feeling, so I may have to play in the snow with it!
"The road is long with many a winding turn that lead us to who knows where, who knows where,
But I'm strong, strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
So on we go. His welfare is my concern. No burden is he to bear, we'll get there.
For I know he would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother."

Matthew 11:29-30 (New International Version)

29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: