Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Purple Cow - experiment on un-primed linen

5 X 7 on unprimed, sized mounted linen
SOLD
Every now and then I try new grounds to paint on and this is sized, but unprimed linen. It has a very nice texture but was the devil to paint on. Since it was not primed, it absorbed paint like a sponge. I think a palette knife would have been a more appropriate way to spread paint around. I have a whole tablet of the stuff so I WILL try again - maybe using Liquin as a clear primer first so the natural color of the linen with show through.
Jude 1:19
These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: