Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cowboy Up - cowboy oil painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln


8 X 10 Oil on Canvas mounted on MDF board - $150
Includes Shipping and Insurance in US
Our recent unusually cold weather has afforded me the opportunity to learn a few new skills - including figuring out how to manipulate, edit and produce little time lapse videos.
In the past, when I filmed a time lapse painting, I had to do it in one take (usually 2 to 3 hours long), because I had no software to both convert my cameras video to a format I could work with nor did I have the software to edit said video. I do now! See it here:

This painting was completed in one afternoon over about a 4 hour time span. Actually painting was less than 2 hours, though. I figured out how I could paint for 30 minutes, stop the camera, stir the cheese, and start painting again. My main concern was keeping the camera and the easel in the exact same locations between "takes", which I think I did rather successfully. Over all, there were 7 different video sections that I merged into one single video. AND I shortened it somewhat to make it fit the music. Whew - that was a LOT for this old dog to learn in one day!
The background of this image comes from a trip Mike and took several years ago to Parumph, Nevada. The cowboy is a neighbor who gladly lets me photograph him whenever I catch him on a horse!
Jeremiah 5:26
Among my people are the wicked who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch people.


If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

3 comments:

Susan said...

What an accomplishment, Debbie! And thank goodness as this little video is a joy to watch. I loved seeing your process and could almost feel your enthusiasm as you painted! Thanks for showing this!

Unknown said...

The video was really cool. I love your work, Debbie! This painting reminds me so much of a wonderful, huge old buckskin horse that my brother-in-law lent us many years ago when we spent several summers on his ranch in far West Texas in the Davis Mountains. The last time I rode dear old Burro he was lame, and I had to get him a mile from the house where we were over very rocky ground to the corral at the cowboy's house so he could be picked up and trailered to ranch HQ. I was 5 months pregnant with my youngest and didn't want to weigh him down with a saddle or my weight, so I started leading him very slowly. We got a ways along when suddenly I saw a rattlesnake under a mesquite bush. I figured Burro had more impenetrable feet than I did, so I decided to get on. He was over 17 hands tall, though (huge for a QH!) so I had to lead him into a little ravine, leave him standing quietly, scramble up on top of the bank and slide over onto his back. He stood like a rock the whole time till I was safely on him, then we made our way slowly onward. It ended up being a blessing because the following year when we got out there, to our grief Burro hadn't made it through the winter. But I'll always remember my last ride on him--and that's what your painting reminds me of!

Debbie said...

Thank you, Susans! For your encouragement AND for sharing your story!