Thursday, May 15, 2014

Tongue Lashing - colorful little cow painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln


6 X 6 Oil on Canvas Panel
SOLD
Sometimes all I need to do to change my mood for the better is paint a cow... a cow with a LOT of personality, like this one. Actually ALL cows have personality, some just more than others.
My cows do this "tongue thing" when they come up to me - anticipating their treats. Lately I have discovered that they LOVE bananas - WHOLE bananas, peels and all.
I work for our church's food pantry occasionally, and recently we were gifted with several cases of very-ripe-eat-today bananas. We just couldn't get rid of all of them, and there is just so much banana bread needed in the world, so I took home half a case and froze them whole (after feeding a bunch each to Sophie and Abbey). They would have gorged on the entire lot, had I allowed it, but fear of bovine tummy aches kept me from indulging them. Now I am thawing out several bananas each for them daily. I don't have to call them from the pasture. As soon as they see me in the barn yard with my bucket of thawed bananas, they come running, drooling with the tongue action in full force.
Have you hugged a cow lately? I can guarantee it'll put you in a hood mood...
Isaiah 40:15
No, for all the nations of the world are but a drop in the bucket. They are nothing more than dust on the scales. He picks up the whole earth as though it were a grain of sand.



If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: