Sunday, December 28, 2014

White Can Be Colorful, Too - White Longhorn Bull painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln


8 X 16 Oil on Panel -
Available through the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas
All of the Christmas hullabaloo is over, and the farm is settling back into a normal routine.
Georgia has returned to her routine of carefully guarding the property. Such hard work for a brave little dog...
Miss Sophie is gestating her half-Guernsey calf that is due in 2 weeks. I don't think she can get much bigger before she pops. Standing beside her, I can see the calf-alien inside her moving and kicking and doing back flips. If the movement of her tummy is any indication, I expect a very lively little calf.
Aunt Abbey is raising her own little heifer that was born in October, along with 2 Jersey bull calves that I picked up at the sale barn. They are getting to the age where they are demanding more groceries, and I am hoping that Miss Sophie can provide the additional calories. One of them will probably be going to freezer camp, so I am attempting to not get too attached to them, but it's next to impossible.
I have managed to paint a bit lately since I don't have yard and garden demands...several commissions have made some happy recipients (I will post them later), and I have sold a number of small paintings both through Daily Painters and the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas. I also have a number of paintings for sale in Bluff Dale at The Front Porch - a wonderful little gift shop that carries oodles of unique gifts and antiques. Hopefully I will find time to teach a class there this summer.
I pray you all had a joyous Christmas, and 2015 will find you healthy and prosperous!

 Psalm 25:4  Make me to know your ways, O Lordteach me your paths.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: