Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Predator Queen - African Lion painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

5 X 7 oil on Panel $75
Includes shipping and insurance in U.S.
Speaking of predators...I lost another chicken this evening - to an owl, I suspect. I went out at dusk to close the coop (chickens are free all afternoon), and there was one of the younger laying Production Reds - head missing, neck feathers everywhere - and still warm. The deed must have happened as they were headed for the coop for the night.
I gathered up the body and trooped to the house, resigned not to let a perfectly good hen go to waste. After gutting and skinning, I popped her into the stew pot. The dogs will eat well tomorrow. This is the 5th chicken we have lost this year to accident and predators. Three of them were this Spring's young pullets. This particular hen was 2 years old, but she was full of yolks, so she was still laying well. I think Trudy needs to be left outside and be on guard more - especially as the sun goes down, as that seems to be a vulnerable time of day. Time to have a human to dog talk...
The image for today's painting came via friends who recently journeyed to Africa, and they generously shared some of their wildlife photos. Thanks, Ken and Diane!

James 1:5   If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: