Friday, September 25, 2015

Kaydee - Mom's Maltese Poodle doggie portrait

6 X 6 Oil on panel
Not For Sale

My Mom has an adorable little dog that is half Maltese and half Poodle. Yes, Kaydee is a "designer dog" and a model that has been ideal for my mom.  I doubt she weighs 3 pounds, but she truly rules the roost at Mom's house. She briefly came to stay with us on the farm while mom was recuperating from surgery 2 years ago, and she convinced our big German Shepherd that she was in charge. Little dogs rarely know they are little.
Here is a very quick time lapse of the completion of this little painting.


I have come to enjoy painting animal portraits, and many folks think they make the perfect gift for the person who has everything!

2 Corinthians 9:15 
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!


If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. 
To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

awesome portrait and I love the time lapse.
Are you doing that with a phone or a camera?
Love it!

Debbie said...

I do this with my little I-Phone. I mounted it on a twisty, clamp-on holder thingy that I found on the internet. I used to have to do it all in one setting, but now I have a program that lets me merge one video with another, so I can take breaks during the paintings.