Sunday, September 13, 2015

Calf With an Attitude

5 X 7 oil on MDF board
$125 includes shipping U.S.
This is one of the foster calves (we call them the "Jersey Boys") that Miss Sophie raised this summer. He came from a local dairy that markets fresh milk and the best cheese in the world! Veldhuizen is their name, and quality dairy products is their game. I get my milk from them when I can't get it from one of my own cows. Their cows are all top notch producers, and I am tempted to keep this little fellow intact so he can breed my cows next year...but then I have to care for (and watch out for) a bull for the next 12 months...albeit a "little" bull right now, but not for long.
A couple weeks before we left for Colorado last month, I froze several gallons of milk from Abbey to take on our trip with us. I managed to ration 4 gallons of milk over 3 weeks. Fresh milk is not available to purchase in Colorado, so one of the good things about being back in Texas is my personal supply right outside the front door.  Milk - it does this body good...

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us 
may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether 
good or bad.




If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE.
To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: