Saturday, November 24, 2007

Retirement


In case you haven't figured it out by now, I'll tell you now that I like old trucks. Mike and I will be off RVing somewhere and he knows if I holler "Stop!" I've spotted either a really interesting looking antique/junk shop or an old truck. This particular old truck resides in an abandoned farmyard about 5 miles from me. I've been checking on it for the past 12 years and photographing it during these years of retirement. The license plates reads 1973, so it hasn't moved for a while. Neither has the old Chevy Nomad that rests about 50 feet from the truck. The farmhouse that is nearby has nearly fallen completely into itself. Before that happened, you could still see furniture and household stuff in the house, leaving me to wonder what happened to the family that once resided here? And why did they seemingly disappear overnight?
This oil on canvas painting measures 30 X 36 and can be found in my eBay store.
Isaiah 29:20 The ruthless will vanish, the mockers will disappear, and all who have an eye for evil will be cut down.