Saturday, September 7, 2019

Mother Love mare and foal in bluebonnets by western artist, Debbie Grayson Lincoln

6 x 8 oil on panel 
Available
Today I was inspired by the parable of the sower, in the three Synoptic Gospels, Matthew 13:1-23, Mark 4:1-20, and Luke 8:4-15.
I recently purchased 4 pounds of bluebonnet seeds with the idea of sowing my entire driveway and front entryway with a spectacular display anticipated for Spring.  I quickly realized that 4 pounds of seeds would cover a good part of Erath County, so after getting my own needs for seeds taken care of, I ventured off in the Gator with my hoe and began planting bluebonnets in front of my neighbors’ gates. I covered at least a dozen entries as well as chatted with a neighbor I hadn’t seen in a while.  Half the others I knew well and let them know about my adventure.  The others I know, but don’t have their contact info, so I have to be satisfied imagining their pleasure next spring when the flowers surprise them with a display.
Just call me “Johnny Bluebonnet”.  There are many seeds to sow, and they aren’t all flowers....

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my archived paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: