Sunday, September 8, 2019

White Face Cow Memory painting by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

6x8 oil on linen
Available 

We have raised cattle for 39 years and, like many folks, started out with “black baldies”, cows that were a Hereford/Angus cross. They were good momma cows, but we wanted more. So we stepped up to Simmentals, and I learned to artificially inseminate them, opening a whole world of genetic possibilities. The commercial demand for larger-than-average cattle subsided and we again changed direction and now we have black and red angus cattle (and milk cow, Sophie).  
I love our current cows, but I do miss the white faces. 
In today’s crazy world, there is hope for the future, and Isaiah reassures us:

Isaiah 11:6-7New International Version (NIV)

The wolf will live with the lamb,
    the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling[a] together;
    and a little child will lead them.
The cow will feed with the bear,
    their young will lie down together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: