Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day Lilly

8 x 6 Oil on Masonite Not For Sale – to be given away later

The day lilies, loving the heat, are in full bloom and we’re packing up to leave and head North next Tuesday.

Our journey will take us 6 weeks, and I am taking my painting supplies. I will try to post as we traqvel (both art and accounts of our adventure – we plan to take a helicopter ride over Glacier Nat’l Park!), but it will be difficult to mail them until we return, so if you make a purchase in the next 6 weeks, you will need to be patient!

Before we leave, I will be spending part of this weekend with my Mom. She has tickets to Antiques Roadshow in Dallas, and we are taking 4 items. Actually she is taking a part of her doll collection and a really ugly vase, and I am taking a spice basket that has been in Mike’s family for centuries. She’s got some great furniture, too, but the size of the item is restricted, unless pre-approved, so we are sticking to small things.

When we get back I will be posting a number of small paintings on eBay with ridiculous starting prices. AND I will be hosting a FREE PAINTING GIVEAWAY and maybe even a BUY ONE GET ONE FREE promotion. The studio is filling up again – I have painted over 235 paintings since last September 13 and I have sold over half of them, and some of them I have gessoed over and painted new ones! All this will be happening in time for the holidays, so stay tuned!

Happy news – favorite son-in-law, Garrett, passed his nursing license exam and now he is officially an RN. WOO HOO! We are celebrating tonight with shrimp and steak – his favorite meal. They will be house sitting for us (and cow and horse and fish and kitty sitting) and they will be closing on their own new house right before we get back from Montana – we won’t be here to help them move, and somehow I think that is a good thing!

ONE LAST THING: Our amazing webmaster over at the DailyPainters site figured out how each of us could post a video of our paintings on You Tube and mine is here.

· 2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

Your studio is bonita. Hope you get to see Crazy Horse. I never have, there is a crack in his arm. Its collosal. Your paintings are inspiring.