Monday, June 16, 2008

Too Young to Notice


8 X 6 Oil on Masonite $125
Includes shipping and insurance
SOLD
Ya'll are going to have to indulge me painting a few beach scenes. I promise to get back to the cowboys and horses later, but right now I gotta get Florida out of my system!
Every time I walked on the beach, I took my little old pocket Canon with the movable view screen and I would hold the camera away from me like I wasn't doing anything with it, but I could still see images in the screen - and I would capture them. I'm sure I would have been viewed as a pervert by some of the parents out there, but the only way to get good pictures is not let anyone know you are taking them! So I took pictures of kids and adults alike and pretended to be beach combing when I was really snapping photos.
This painting, like most of mine is a composite of 2 photos. The little boy was so happy to be playing in the sand, oblivious of everything else. The young girl was actually his sister, but he pretty well ignored all the other cuties that passed him, too. Ah, youth - don't you sometimes wish they could stay innocent forever?
Psalm 25:7
Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD.

No comments: