Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Apart From the Crowd

12 X 24 Oil on Canvas
SOLD to an Indiana Collector
OK - this is one of my few (yeah, sure) political/social/personal statement paintings. From an artist's point of view, I have always been a little skewed from the rest of the world. Likewise politically speaking. I have, however, managed to be diplomatic and keep friends in my life. So which horse do you think is me?
If I paint this again, I will make all the horses plain sorrels and me a flashy palomino! Or perhaps the reverse...I will be the plain one and the others will be paints and/or palominos. Which leads me to my bucket list...item number 22: Own or breed a palomino horse like Trigger. I have just about written that one off. Color DOES NOT define "good" horses and I have owned one very good horse in my life, and for that I am immensely grateful. She's gone now, but I still have her daughter and granddaughter. I should be satisfied...SHOULD. But I would still love a palomino...(or a buckskin like "Buttermilk" and then I could pretend I was Dale Evans).
If you are interested in this painting, contact me quickly - it will be in the Dallas Show at the Dutch Art Gallery starting November 1.
Psalm 22:26
The poor will eat and be satisfied; they who seek the LORD will praise him— may your hearts live forever!

No comments: