Friday, February 18, 2011

Chicken Gourmet 2 - Coyote abstract oil painting


6 X 8 Oil on Linen board $105
Includes shipping and insurance US
Georgia, the Cowdog-Wanna-BE, woke me at 4:00 am this morning whining to go outside. This is very unusual for her, so I got up, thinking she must be sick to her stomach. As soon as I opened the sunroom door, she shot like a bolt around the West side of the house, without a sound. I followed her in the bright moonlight and could see nothing as she circled the house and then took off for the chicken pen - all without uttering a peep, nose to the ground.
We live with coyotes, coons and bobcats, but there has also been periodic sightings of cougars in the area. Georgia barks at other dogs, possums and coons (and bears - but that's another story), and I am familiar with those warning barks. I do not know how she "talks" to extra-large cats. After we came back inside, I briefly thought that the next time I go traipsing around outside in the wee dark hours of early morn, perhaps I should take my gun...although I'd MUCH rather shoot the wild animals around here with my camera. If they'd just leave the chickens alone!
I am going to paint this coyote twice - first in this colorful manner and tomorrow I hope to show you a more realistic version.
Proverbs 22:13
The sluggard says, “There’s a lion outside! I’ll be killed in the public square!”

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email.I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The art of the coyote is great! I looked thru your old ones and fell in love woth "bluebonner rollar" from last April. I am sure it s0old long asgo burt would like you to paint on

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

Love the painting! Looking forward to seeing the 2nd one too. Wild about the coyotes. We have tons of them here in KY too. When my colt was born, I worried big time. We had a pack that came out during the DAY several times. They're losing thier habitat where I live though.