Friday, December 7, 2012

Limited Palette Cow 3 - by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

6 X 6 Oil on canvas panel $100
Includes shipping and insurance U.S.
Here's number 3 in the series...same idea, limited palette with complements.
Mike and I went to one of the local dairy sale barns today, hopefully to buy another new born baby calf to "graft" on to Aunt Abbey. We sent her adopted 4 month old bull calf to the sale Wednesday and now she's just nursing her single calf. He's loving it, but that much milk is giving him the scours (diarrhea) PLUS we are getting a gallon to drink every 3 days. We really need to put another calf on her.
At the dairy calf sales, usually there are 50 baby calves to chose from, but today there were just a dozen. I picked out two I liked, and as usual, they were the most expensive ($250 and $145 each - I had HOPED to pay less than $100). We passed and returned home empty-handed. The weather is supposed to turn cold Sunday, so part of me is kinda glad I won't be wrestling the cows in bad weather. We may try to get another one later.
The palette I used on the painting had green, red-orange and red violet. I like the way this one "pops" - almost Christmasy!
Jeremiah 50:9
For I will stir up and bring against Babylon an alliance of great nations from the land of the north. They will take up their positions against her, and from the north she will be captured. Their arrows will be like skilled warriors who do not return empty-handed
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: