Saturday, December 8, 2012

Limited Palette Cow 4 - by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

6 X 6 Oil on panel $100
Includes shipping and insurance U.S.
This is the last one of the series of limited palette cow paintings and I kinda like the little touches of violet. Have you been correct on the other three color schemes?
Today is "get ready for winter" day - there is an Arctic front due to hit us tomorrow evening, so today we are stocking up the firewood stacks, winterizing outdoor equipment, giving animals extra food and bedded shelter, and covering the garden as best we can. Temperatures in the twenties is not unusual here, but they are rarely sustained for very long, so I have found that if I cover garden plants with a variety of insulating materials, I can extend our growing season by a month or more. Plants like English peas and beets can take 20 degrees for several days, as can Spinach and Kale and Swiss chard. They'll come back better if I cover them up, though. The lettuce really doesn't like it much below 30, though, and if I cover it, it can take it down to 25. Below that it become chicken fodder.
Speaking of animal fodder, Aunt Abbey has decided that she loves beet tops. Her mouth starts drooling when she sees me coming with a bucket full. Next year I may plant twice as many just for her!
Have you guessed the colors yet?They are violet, yellow-orange, and yellow-green. I am looking forward to the next set of limited palette paintings, and I hope you are, too!
Ecclesiastes 3:1 (One of my favorites!)
[ A Time for Everything ] There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Loved looking at your limited palette cows. Color completely changes the emotion of each piece - so intersting!