Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Limited Palette Cow #1 by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

6X6 Oil on gessoed masonite panel $100
Includes shipping and insurance U.S.
Here is the first of the four limited palette cow studies...Can you guess the 3 main colors?
Today is cattle sale day and we are hauling one of Abbey's 2 calves to the sale barn - I think he weighs 250 to 300 pounds. The money he brings will feed Aunt Abbey through winter AND allow me to purchase another baby to put on her next Monday.
The tax situation is still up in the air (thank you, Congress), so we are probably going to sell the other calf before the end of the year, too. We are NOT the so-called wealthy that the President wants to tax - we are retired/working middle class, a group that is slowly shrinking and getting strangled by government regulations. Living on a farm certainly helps buffer prices and tax fluctuations, but we can't do it forever. I do know a lot of families across America who are readying themselves for a long hard night, though, and are learning how to live self-sufficienty. Even my Momma in Dallas uses every spare plot of dirt in her yard to grow veggies - you should see her enormous spinach plant!
The colors I used, by the way, were Red-Violet, Blue-Violet and Yellow. Did you guess right?
Luke 12:38
It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the middle of the night or toward daybreak.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: