Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Usual Suspects


16 X 36 Oil on Canvas
Check with Artist for Availability

I have just about enough Longhorn paintings for the Granbury Gallery and decided to return to the horses for a while. My friend and neighbor, Lee Clay, hosted a cattle working last spring. I wasn't there, but my other friend Pat Broeder, generously shared some photos from that event.
I rarely paint from other people's photos, but Pat has a very good eye for photography and seems to have an instinct for what I like - though I'm sure she isn't thinking about ME when she uses her camera!
This Saturday is "Billy the Kid Day" in Hico, Texas. Legend has it that a man named Brushy Bill Roberts lived out his days in Hico, Texas and was actually the real Billy the Kid. An old friend of mine, Bob Hefner, wrote a number of exposes on the subject and even opened a museum nearly 20 years ago - now run by the Hico Chamber of Commerce. New Mexico has never been happy with Hico "stealing" its outlaw (some believe that Billy was actually killed and buried there), but the story has started some lively debates as well as put Hico (pronounced with a long "I") on the map! I'll be at Sugar Moon Antiques and Gallery Saturday afternoon working on a painting and visiting with the tourists. Come see me if you're in these parts - or are journeying down 281 to view the Hill Country bluebonnets. You won't regret it!
2 Corinthians 7:10
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

No comments: