Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Complimentary Tree

6 X 8 Oil on linen panel
SOLD
I used to use a color wheel - years ago - and I misplaced it. I forgot the challenge a color wheel can present. I bought a new one last week and decided to use it weekly just to make myself try something new.
This color combination is called a "split complement" and uses only three colors plus white: Phalo blue, violet and yellow orange. I didn't come close to using the myriad of combinations still available from just these three colors, but I still like what evolved - fall colors.
There's a lot of paint on this one, so you'll need to be patient while it dries...
Ezekiel 17:3
Say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: A great eagle with powerful wings, long feathers and full plumage of varied colors came to Lebanon.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $25 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.