Monday, December 7, 2009

Kiss My Bevo .... - University of Texas UT mascot oil painting

6 X 8 Oil on linen panel -
SOLD to a Texas Collector
Immediately following the GREAT UT-Nebraska game, my blog had 7 viewers in a row searching for paintings of the University of Texas mascot, and this painting is a brazen result of those searches! Thank goodness I enjoy painting long horned cattle!
Since I mostly paint from my own photos or with permission from other photographers, AND I didn't have a personal photo of Bevo, this was a challenge. Since there are plenty of photos of Bevo on the internet, I used one of my neighbor's bull bodies and put Bevo's spots on him. They are far from perfect, but I think he's close enough.
This painting should be dry enough in time for Christmas - barely.
Psalm 37:11
But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.

No comments: