Thursday, July 22, 2010

It Takes Balls - rocky mountain big horn sheep oil painting

8 X 6 oil on canvas board $125
Includes shipping and insurance

We have seen the Rocky Mountain Sheep twice now and I could not resist painting them. These guys were actually on a hillside next to the road to Thirty Mile outside of Creede, and when I hollered “STOP!” while scrambling for my camera, Mike nearly had a wreck! But I got some good photos. The rocks I put them on is from another spot in Thirty Mile. I really liked the way the light played across the shrubbery. I may crop this some more and paint it larger – perhaps square.

If you want to purchase this, I won’t be able to mail it to you until September 1. I have discovered that rushing these paintings to dry and mailing them too soon after varnishing them is dangerous. I have had reports of damage to the surface. If this has happened to you, please let me know so I can either fix it or compensate you!

We are momentarily in town (Estes Park) doing laundry and "computer work". About to go back to the boonies again -

Garrett and Merideth are caring for the house as are half my neighbors (the BEST people in the world!) If it weren't for good friends and family, this trip wouldn't be possible

Acts 27:9
Much time had been lost, and sailing had already become dangerous because by now it was after the Fast. So Paul warned them,....


Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD
Or, send me an email


No comments: