Tuesday, July 13, 2010

LaVeta, Colorado Wild Life


6 X 8 Oil on Canvas Board $65
SOLD to a Houston collector

Well, they COULD be wild! I am told there ARE wild horses in Colorado, but I suspect these are not. Their ancestors are, though.

These are the 2 horses I painted yesterday - and this is the setting they were in. Nice life in the summer (except for the Skeeters). Pretty rough in the winter, I'd bet. I frequently think I'd enjoy living in Colorado, but then I remind myself what the winters are like. Mike and I lived in northern Illinois when we were first married and the winters were brutal to our thin, Southern blood. I think I'll stay contented with summer visits to the Rockies, and continue my vow to stay off skis. I used to enjoy the winter slopes (well bundled), but my poor busted legs can't handle the strain any more.

Matthew 23:24
You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Or, send me an email

No comments: