Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Working End of a Cow

6 X 6 Ink Pen on Index $25
Shipping included in U.S.
We lost one of the calves today...Well, we really didn't lose him...Abbey just left him across the creek where she likes to graze in the morning. She came back with Darryl Number One, but left Darryl Number Two. I figured that might happen with the little calf - at his age, about all they want to do is eat about 4 times a day and sleep the rest.  They really don't follow Momma around yet. So Mike and I had to go looking for him.
"Across the Creek" is really mostly native pecan trees, native grass that has survived the drought and briar patches - great for snakes, bunnies and coon hideouts. Mike has mowed a path through the worst of it with the DR, but it is still a challenge to find a calf that is dark in color and content to wait for a Momma that isn't looking for him. Fortunately he was hungry and up and bawling.
Since I had a pocket of cubes, Abbey followed us across the creek, slobbering on my back the whole way, looking for her "cookies". As soon as Darryl Number Two saw her, he trotted to her side, and I turned around and managed to stay in front of both of them all the way home.
The calves are BOTH locked up tonight...I expect it will be another couple weeks before I can quit searching for the little 'un.
Galatians 3:22
But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.
If you are interested in this drawing, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: