Saturday, October 15, 2011

Different Worlds

6 X 6 Oil on canvas panel $125
Includes shipping and insurance
I am back from a mission trip to Haiti and to say it was life changing would be an understatement.
The good news is that the people show a remarkable ability to rebound, survive and maintain optimism.  The bad news is that there is still a LONG way to go. Such a rich and abundant country - rich in beautiful, hard working, SMART people and an ability to produce food. They are not afraid of hard work, and we saw joy and optimism everywhere. But there are still collapsed buildings, a shortage of electricity, massive piles of trash and difficulties in getting from point A to point B. Despite the problems (or perhaps because of them) I am planning to go back...if only to view the completed church that we were privileged to help construct. I have left some heart strings back there...
Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD
Or, send me an email
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

2 comments:

Dawn's Art Site said...

Beautiful work and beautiful heart. I grew up in the Philippines and always consider it a blessing that I saw another country and loved those people as I love America. I'm sure you were a sweet blessing to those you touched.

Susan said...

You are beautiful inside and out, Debbie, and so is your wonderful heartfelt painting.