Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cruising the Cows - cowboy checking cattle herd

8 X 12 Oil on gessoed board $125
Includes shipping and insurance
He's just checking the cows and the fence and the condition of the grass and looking for that sick cow that needs her foot doctored all while watching out for that big coyote who took down a calf last week. The cows know this "multi-tasker" is on their side and are unconcerned...
I am trying different limited palettes and this is another result. Cad red deep, Cad yellow, Ultramarine blue, dioxazine purple and white. And for fun, I used my I-phone to take the picture. Got a little glare, but it's not bad.
Luke 15:27
And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: