Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mommas Love Even The Plain Ones - longhorn cow with calf by Debbie Grayson Lincoln

6X6 Oil on Linen Board $100
Includes Shipping and Insurance US
Part of the "fun" in raising Longhorns is viewing the exquisite coat colors they can display in their offspring. But every now and then you get a dud. This almost white cow belonging to my neighbor, Ron, usually had spectacularly colored calves, but last year she gave birth to this plain little red heifer calf. She was healthy and lively and practically "care free" as Longhorns usually are, and I can assure you that her momma loved her despite her lack of flash...much like most mammas everywhere...
One of the reasons I wanted to paint a white cow was my admiration of a fellow artist's painting of a white horse...not an easy project, but she makes it appear effortless. If you are not yet familiar with Susan Smolensky's work, take a peek HERE.
Psalm 139:3
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: