Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Haitian Man of Steel - Haiti Portrait by Debbie Grayson Lincoln


9 X 12 Oil on gessoed board $125
Includes shipping and insurance U.S.
Mike came into the studio this afternoon, viewed this painting and commented, "You're thinking about Haiti again." He is right. I am.
Haiti not only needs me, I feel the need to see it again. A number of things have changed since I was there last -  most notably a new administration - and I am curious if the promises have been kept and progress has been made. I do know I have seen more evidence of Haitian exports - especially art. Haiti is poor geologically speaking, but very rich in "people resources". Not only are Haitians hard working and crazily optimistic, but they also possess phenomenal artistic souls. Additionally they are spectacularly beautiful and healthy people, and the children are delights. What's not to love?
This gentleman worked tirelessly laying brick on the first project I attended, with very few breaks and in sun that would scorch a horned lizard. He also took communion with us the last day and gave himself to Christ. It was awesome.
And, yes, I want to go back.
2 Corithians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: