Saturday, October 27, 2007

Georgia


I have not repainted the cow painting - too busy getting ready for the Community Center benefit auction tonight. I am cooking 20 pounds of pinto beans and countless cookies as my contribution.
I did this little painting several months ago. This is Georgia - a pound puppy who we think is part Border Collie and part Corgi. She was a lot shorter when she first came home with us - and fortunately her legs grew a little more than her body. She is still disproportionately short, but she doesn't let it hinder her - she can outrun a Cheetah and jump like a gazelle after her Frisbee. She takes her job of overseeing the animals around here very seriously. And when I start packing up the RV for our next trip, she parks herself by the truck and doesn't move for fear of being left behind. She loves to go camping, and her favorite command is "load up"! This dog loves us unconditionally and is eager to please. She came from the local pound and was about 6 months old when we adopted her - I highly recommend the pound for a grateful, loving, loyal companion.
John 15:12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

No comments: