Monday, October 22, 2007

Shipyard

I awoke this morning to the sound of a cold rain. The house is chilly, too. We haven't had to turn on the furnace yet this fall and Halloween is almost here. My horses have no winter coats yet at all. I better check to see if their blankets are in good shape - not that it is really necessary to blanket them when the weather is cool. It's just one of those nurturing things that I like to do for them.
This painting looks like a change of season is underway, rather like the weather today. I like the limited palette of blue and orange - complimentary colors and opposite one another on the color wheel. That's what initiates a lot of vibrancy and movement. I'm hoping my son likes this one and would hang a larger version somewhere in his house. Meanwhile, this one is available for purchase from me (measures 8 X 12). dglincoln@embarqmail.com
Deuteronomy 28:12 The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands.

No comments: