Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tomato


Painting fruit - an exercise in color and shape and composition. When my brain refuses to play the "think" game with me, I paint fruit. Tomatoes are good.
I have a computer and CD holder full of photos and ideas for paintings. And yet this tomato was the only thing that interested me last Saturday. Maybe it was because it was the last one in the kitchen. Maybe it was because I have started ANOTHER diet and I was hungry.
Mike helped me gesso and cut up a masonite board into a bunch of 8 X 10 and 6 X 8 panels. My plan is to paint one a day in addition to the larger, more ambitious projects I have going on (one of which is a mural in a friend's bathroom - more on that later).
This little 6 X 8 panel is available for purchase from me dglincoln@embarqmail.com
John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

No comments: