Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Break Time

8 X 10 Oil on Stretched Canvas $150
includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a California Collector
As I promised, here is the little cowboy who is about to outgrow his pony. He's taking a break - maybe dreaming about his next horse, homework due tomorrow, or perhaps a girlfriend. The calves know they are safe - for the moment anyway.
This style is a bit of change in direction for me. I've done it before - used a canvas that was pre-primed with a dark neutral background. I like the effect, but it requires planning, something I'm not always good at doing. I usually like the results, though.
I still have a few more tiny details to add, and I'll change the picture on Daily Painter's website tomorrow or the next day when I do that. There are some things that just demand waiting for the paint to dry!
Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

You are pretty good with those brushes. I ordered 10lbs. of texas bbq brisket and some of those wonderful sausages.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Crisp color and drawing. Beauty.