Thursday, May 15, 2008

Leap of Faith


LARGE 24 X 36 Oil on stretched canvas
$150 includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a collector in Colorado
I am beginning to move more stuff into my new studio and I'm cleaning out some REALLY dusty closets. I found some OLD paintings that I wanted to just throw away (better yet, burn), but instead I primed over them, leaving the texture from the previous painting. This is today's result. I just can't throw away paintings, but I can't let you see what was on the original canvas either!
Really really bad.
Trust me.
Not ever worth anything - even after I'm dead... :-)
I'll probably do some more like this - and even experiment some. All sizes - some even bigger than this. And if I can paint the sides (some are gallery wrap), I will and let you know. And if you want the sides of this one painted, tell me - there are staples showing, but if I paint it black, they are not that noticeable and you can hang it without a frame.
Proverbs 21:16
A man who strays from the path of understanding comes to rest in the company of the dead.

No comments: