Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bear Footing

24 X 30 Oil on 3/4" gallery wrapped canvas
Check with artist for availability

Four out of the 7 days we were at Bear Lake near Cuchara, Colorado we saws bears. And since I always have my camera handy, I got LOTS of bear pictures. This is from the first sighting and this bear cleared the lake quickly of all fishermen! He first showed up at the far side of the lake and lumbered around to the side where most of the fishermen were. Fortunately, he went slow - looking for fish - giving us all time to pack up our gear and move. He did run from rocks chunked at him, too - twice. But when he returned to the spot where the fishermen were who threw the rocks, they left and gave him the right-of-way. Smart move.
I took photos while hidden in trees about 100 feet from him. I and some other fellow campers stayed behind trees and shrubbery and kept quiet while we watched him fish. Believe me, we were ready to run if we had to!
Mark 1:16
As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen.

No comments: