Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just a Little Skiddish


5 X 7 Oil on Masonite $110
SOLD to a Texas collector

This is from one of the multitude of images I saved at the Mountain Man Rendezvous Pageant in Pine Dale, Wyoming last month. This man was in full mountain man costume and he was showing off the spinning ability of his horse. This is one image that I will making into a larger painting - maybe placing a snake hiding in some cactus to the left of the horse - and retitling it "SURPRISE!".

I worked all day today on this little painting and another 40 X 30 canvas of a bison that has been in my head since I saw him a month ago. It is a total departure from my past work, and I hope you all will stay tuned while I go in new directions with my paintings.....I will reveal it Saturday.
Deuteronomy 8:18
But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today.

No comments: