Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wild Rio Grande River

SOLD
6 X 8 Oil on Masonite $115

includes shipping and insurance
One of our first stops on our trip to Glacier was Creede, Colorado. That is where I experienced fly fishing for trout for the first time - and it was on a float trip down the Rio Grande River. Before the Rio Grande turns into a wide, muddy expanse in Texas, it starts in Colorado as a crystal clear river of cold, melted snow and ice. And it's fast flowing and exciting and home to rainbow and brown trout.
Mike and I hired a guide to both teach us correct fly fishing technique and to take us where the fish were. Both tasks were accomplished and it was the beginning of a 7 week adventure to make the fly rod my partner.
This little painting is from a part of the Rio Grande where we fished.
Philemon 1:17
So if you consider me a partner, welcome him as you would welcome me.

No comments: