Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kiss My Arabian Filly ...

8 X 10 Oil on Canvas Board $125
Includes Shipping and Insurance
SOLD to a California Collector
I drove past the entrance to my neighbor's ranch day-before-yesterday and saw their farrier parked under a tree, trimming feet. PHOTO OP! After I snapped some good images of of the hoof trimming, they invited me back to the barn to see their latest babies.
I am actually
blessed with 2 wonderful neighbors who raise gorgeous Arabians. They are greatly outnumbered by all us Quarter Horse breeders, but they don't mind. We all love good horses and they raise some of the best (and even cross them with Quarter Horses occasionally!)
This little filly belongs to the Moores and is really fancy - both in attitude and conformation. What a looker - and she had the attitude to go with her looks. She obligingly pranced and bucked and frisked around me while I took a hundred pictures.
I know this color palette is way different from what I "normally" use, but I was experimenting with 4 different brands of Ultramarine Blue and what it does mixed with Cad Orange Hue (one of the ways I make "black") . I had all this paint left over, so I added a touch of Cad Red to the palette and stuck with just those 3. I rather like the results.
Psalm 33:12
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance

No comments: