Monday, September 28, 2009

Longhorn Winning Attitude

12 X 12 Oil on Canvas Board $115
SOLD to a collector in Florida

The UT longhorns beat Texas Tech last week in Austin. When I attended Tech in the early 70's that was always THE game to attend - ESPECIALLY in Austin. I had a number of friends that went to UT, so the rivalry was even more intensified.

I am getting the winter garden planted this week. We had some wonderful rains last week and the garden soil is perfect for tilling. We have had a problem with the deer eating just about everything, so I have purchased two motion detector, solar powered LED flood lights. I plan to place them near the spot I think the deer enter and focus the lights on a scarecrow. Most of the winter veggies I can cover with fiber glass row covers, but it's too hot in the summer (and expensive) to cover everything, so I am hoping to work out the bugs with this system by Spring. I have also heard of a motion detector water sprayer that sounds effective. I am open to suggestions...

Another project for this winter will be a chicken house...stay tuned.

Philippians 1:15
It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill.


Media: oil on canvas
Size: 12 in X 12 in (30.5 cm X 30.5 cm)
Price: $115 USD

Or, send me an email

1 comment:

PAT MEYER -- said...

Oh what a game. Great painting to salute the moment.