Saturday, September 19, 2009

Something to Crow About

5 X 7 Oil on masonite $115
Includes shipping and insurance

Day or night, this rooster crows continuously. He's a "towny", too, so there's a few people thinking about rooster stew!

My friend Bettye Key paints chickens and sunflowers. I have one of her chicken paintings, and in celebration of her birthday yesterday , I gave her one of mine. So I figured I needed to "restock" my inventory of chicken paintings with this one. I have an almost unlimited source of poultry models in "town". Cecil Rasberry has a little farm in the middle of Morgan Mill and all the loose chickens are attributed to him. There's some pretty fancy roosters in the group, with this one being my favorite. There appears to be a continuous re-shuffling of the hen-harems, too. One day a rooster will seems to have ALL the hens and the next, they are with another macho crower. I think rooster wars are rare, but I have witnessed a battle once, and it did not have a happy outcome. The looser was pretty battered and was picked on for several days after and eventually died. I don't know what he did to deserve it, but things stayed calm for quite a while afterwards.....

2 Chronicles 32:8
With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said.
Media: oil on masonite
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Price: $115 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: