Thursday, August 30, 2012

Heather's Cow - University of Texas mascot longhorn cow oil painting

11 X 14 on stretched canvas
Check with artist for availability
My adorable cousin, Heather, lives in a lovely urban neighborhood, but she is a farmer at heart - like most of us of Oliver descent. She dreams of owning Longhorns and described the color of the animals she prefers. This one belongs to one of my neighbors down the road and I love her markings, too, as they remind me of Heather's description.
My little part of Texas is deceptively green right now. We have had a couple inches of rain in the past 2 weeks and the grass has responded vigorously, so everyone's cows are looking wonderful. The moisture is only in the very top of the soil, however.
Mike and John had to dig a post hole to house the temporary electric line that will be needed to build our new parsonage. The first 6 or 8 inches went well enough, but then they struck rock hard, dry earth. Usually it's the other way around this time of year. Dry on top, moist down below, but the drought has eliminated all the reserve moisture in the ground, and I fear it will be years before it returns to normal. In the meantime, the animals that depend on grass are loading up for winter...good advice for all of us to follow...
Judges 20:7
Behold, ye are all children of Israel; give here your advice and counsel.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

2 comments:

Maria's Watercolor said...

Beautifully done, down to the curl of the tail.

Susan said...

LOVE him, Debbie!