Thursday, February 14, 2013

#28 Dutch Belted Cow


6X6 Oil on canvas
Contact Artist for availability
Melissa of NONESUCH FARM shared this image of a Dutch Belted cow with me. Before I started this project, I was fairly ignorant of the variety of the breeds of cattle that are used for dairy purposes - especially those considered "dual purpose" - both milk AND meat producers. We used to raise Simmentals who also were "designed" for both meat and milk production in Switzerland, but the Dutch Belted are considerably smaller and more suited to today's family farm. Their distinctive coloration make them a certain eye catcher, too!
Isaiah 30:23
He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: