Thursday, November 20, 2008

Catch Me If You Can

SOLD to a Texas Collector
9 X 12 Oil on Canvas Board $115

Includes shipping and insurance U.S. only
I am working on a large painting and when I reach a stopping point I like to paint these smaller daily paintings to use up the paint I have left over on my palette. Sometimes they work- sometimes they don't.
I have a wealth of inspiration from the farms surrounding me. Within a very few miles, I can find Quarter Horses, Arabs, Paso Finos, Mules and Morgans. And those are just the people I know!
This Arab belongs to the Moores, my neighbors to the north. I never run out of inspiration from those beauties! When they move, it is with a grace and elegance that is indescribable. Not that my own Quarter Horses aren't graceful - they are. But they are certainly more conservative in their movement which makes them immensely more attractive to me in my later years!
This fellow was hanging around the farrier as he trimmed the feet of another horse in the pasture under a tree (yes, another photo op). When "shooed" away, he'd stick his tail in the air and boing, boing, boing to 100 feet away and then slowly creep back until his head was hanging over the farrier's back. "Can I help?" The only good movement photos I got were during his forced retreat!
Psalm 74:21
Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name

No comments: