Monday, November 3, 2008

Half Price Sale Continues

"Getting the Buckskin Mare Home"
30 X 40 Oil on Canvas
NFS
This is the large painting I have been working on since JUNE! I donated it to our local school carnival as a raffle item, and I am happy to announce that a teacher won it. I offered the option of a smaller painting to the winner (not everyone has a spot for something this large) but she wanted this big one!
This is one of the few paintings I have completed that is not drawn from my own photographs. The images are from an artist/teacher I admire - Doug Prine. He shared them with me and has invited me to a photo shoot this weekend (Deep in the Art of Texas) at his ranch near Cleburne to acquire more. He has built a western town, much like something out of "Gunsmoke", and every year he invites artists to come with their cameras. He has readied horses and wagons and longhorns and cowboys and native Americans - all in period dress - and all ready for us, the artists, to stage them and photograph them. This opportunity combined with all the photos I acquired on our trip to the Wyoming Rendevous should keep me happy for years!
Don't forget - the half price sale continues through this week only. Rules follow.
Job 36:22
"God is exalted in his power. Who is a teacher like him?

No comments: