Portraits are not really my thing, but one of my favorite teachers, James Spurlock, is a pastel portrait painter and he is amazing. He teaches a drawing system for getting faces correct that works every time. He teaches and paints in Granbury, Texas, if you are interested. He has helped set me on the road to using colors correctly. I still stray a lot, but at least I know when I do, now!
Off the subject of painting, there's a fun game going around between bloggers, and I have been "tagged". This is how the game works:
1. Put a link in your posting to the person who tagged you.
2. List 7 unusual things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 other bloggers at the end of your post and comment on their blogs to let them know.
K Joann Russell is a Seattle artist and a follower of my blog and she did this to me!
OK - here's my seven:
- I first painted with oils at the age of 5 with my grandmother who was an artist.
- I used to supplement my income by artificially inseminating cattle.
- I can identify dozens of “wild” edible foods – including 2 mushrooms – and I have eaten them all.
- I have been married 35 years and I still like him – most of the time!
- I am fascinated with bones and skeletons and other things biological – and I have passed this interest on to my daughter who is a science teacher.
- I really like snakes and other reptiles.
- I swam with a wild manatee last June in
. Actually, it swam with ME Florida
1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.