Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Road to Monument Valley Utah


6 X 12 Oil on canvas board $150
Includes shipping and insurance
Remember that scene in "Forrest Gump" when Forrest finally stops running and decides to return home? Remember where he was when he stopped? IT WAS HERE! On US Highway 163 heading Southwest into Monument Valley. I had Mike stop the truck and stood in the middle of the road to gets some pictures - no worry - there was NO traffic. This place truly feels like it is on the edge of the world.
My brother told me that this would be an amazing geologic experience and he was absolutely accurate. Yesterday we took a tour of a small part of the Valley. During those 4 hours, my camera was rarely silent. So many paintings are in my head that it is already swimming!
We should be home in 2 weeks, which should give this painting time to dry.
Hope you are having as good a summer as I am!
1 Corinthians 9:26
Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: