Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Siesta

7 X 7 Oil on board

SOLD to a collector in Alabama

Texas summer has started off blazing hot - impossible to ignore and complain about! It's only a matter of time before green turns to brown...

The garden is just about burned up. The few ears of corn that are left are buggy and hard, but the chickens still love 'em. When I turn the girls loose in the morning, it is my habit to pick over a row of the remaining corn stalks and pull and shuck a few ears for the birds to cluck over. It didn't take them long to fall into THAT habit! In fact they nearly lead ME to the corn now.

No one is laying yet - but my friend Sandy H. reports that HER birds have gifted her with eggs already. We are scratching our heads over why hers are and mine are not. Could be that her young birds are stimulated by the older birds in her flock (I have only young 'uns). Or it could be mine are laying in the yard since they are lose all day, and I just haven't found the eggs. I DO know where they spend the heat of the day, though, and a search of the area turns up no eggs. I have been told to place golf balls in the nest boxes...

Genesis 1:22
God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth."


Media: oil
Size: 640 in X 8 in (1625.6 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $65 USD

This painting is SOLD

send me an email

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I am crazy about this!

Rebecca said...

I love your horse paintings. I grew up with horses and find them so inspiring, you capture their essence really well! Nice work.